Lana Gafter, MD
Lana Gafter is currently the Secretary of Summit Nephrology. She joined Summit in 2009 after completing her Internal Medicine Residency and Nephrology Fellowship at UC Davis Medical Center.
She sees patients in the Summit Roseville office, Fresenius dialysis units in Roseville, and DaVita Antelope dialysis unit and cares for patients from the surrounding geographic areas. She remains active in the local medical community, participating on several committees at Sutter Roseville Medical Center and is the medical director of Fresenius Harding dialysis unit. Her clinical interests have included delivery of high quality, compassionate care to patients with chronic kidney diseases, placing high value on maintaining their quality of life. Dr. Gafter was awarded the Sutter Valley Area Specialty Care Patients’ Choice Award (as the top 3 specialty care physicians with the highest overall patient care score in the entire Sutter Valley Area) in 2015. Dr. Gafter currently lives in Rocklin with her husband and 2 children. Her hobbies include traveling, reading, watching mystery shows and spending time with her family. Dr. Gafter is fluent in English and Russian.
Degrees and Certifications:
- Bachelor of Science, Neuroscience and Behavioral Biology, Emory University 2000
- Medical Doctorate, University of California Davis Medical Center 2004
- Residency in Internal Medicine, University of California Davis Medical Center 2007
- Fellowship in Nephrology, University of California Davis Medical Center 2009
- Board Certified, Internal Medicine 2007 and 2016
- Board Certified, Nephrology 2009
- Sutter Valley Area Specialty Care Patients’ Choice Award Winner 2015
- Secretary, Summit Nephrology Medical Group
- Medical Director, Fresenius Harding Dialysis Unit
- Member, Critical Care Committee, Sutter Roseville Medical Center
- Member, Regional EPIC Electronic Health Record Order Set Validation Committee