Gregory Spin, DO
Gregory Spin is the Chief Executive Officer of Summit Nephrology Medical Group. Along with Drs. Bhat and Thornton, Dr. Spin founded Summit Nephrology in 2005. He did his clinical training at UC Davis Medical Center, completing his Medical Residency, a teaching year as Chief Resident, and his Nephrology Fellowship.
He sees patients in the Summit Nephrology Auburn office, which serves patients primarily from Grass Valley, Auburn, and surrounding areas. He does hospital rounds at Sierra Nevada Medical Center, Sutter Auburn Faith, and Sutter Roseville hospitals, and sees dialysis patients at the Davita Grass Valley and Auburn Units. Dr. Spin is active in his community, and serves as a Medical Director for both the Davita Grass Valley and Auburn facilities. He has served as Sutter Auburn Faith Hospital’s Vice Chief of Staff, and on the Board of Trustees for the Live Oak Waldorf School in Meadow Vista. Dr. Spin lives in Nevada County with his wife (a Sutter Medical Group Family Physician) and has raised two children in the area. His hobbies include playing tennis and running with his wife in the Auburn Recreation area, watching movies, reading, and travel, and living vicariously through his children who have recently flown the coop.
He has enjoyed watching Summit Nephrology develop into the preeminent nephrology practice in the Sierra Foothills, growing from a three physician practice to a ten provider practice that can serve a much larger patient population and geography while maintaining the same commitment to excellence and individualized patient care.
Degrees and Certifications:
- B.A. Biopsychology, Cornell University, Ithaca NY, 1992
- EMT-Paramedic, Crozer Chester Emergency Medical Training Program, Chester PA, 1995
- Doctor of Osteopathy, College of Osteopathic Medicine of the Pacific, Pomona CA, 1999
- Residency in Internal Medicine, University of California Davis Medical Center, Sacramento CA, 2002
- Chief Residency, Internal Medicine, University of California Davis Medical Center, Sacramento CA, 2003
- Fellowship in Nephrology, University of California Davis Medical Center, Sacramento CA, 2003-2005
- Board Certified ,Internal Medicine 2002
- Board Certified, Nephrology 2005, 2015
- CEO Summit Nephrology Medical Group Inc.
- Medical Director, Home Hemodialysis and Peritoneal Dialysis Grass Valley Davita
- Medical Director, In-Center Hemodialysis Auburn Davita
- Member Ethics Committee Sutter Auburn Faith Hospital, and Sutter Roseville Medical Center.
- Member Quality Improvement and Peer Review Committee Sutter Auburn Faith Hospital.